since final release, host-only networking doesn't work anymore at all!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Tomboman, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Tomboman

Tomboman Junior Member

hi,

first of all - this software is awesome! i used virtual pc but you can't even compare it to this one.... thanks for doing such a great job!

however, i just installed the final relase (from rc2) - now i always get an error message, when i start my virtual machine,

1. problem with nework adapter is detected. please check if network cable is connected to the physical network adapter attached to the virtual machine.

2. parallels desktop is unable to attach to the network adapter en2: host-only adapter. please check your virtual machine's configuration and try to select another network adapter, otherwise you will not be able to work with network connections inside your virtual machine...

i guess this "en2: Host-only Adapter" changed somehow since the latest beta/rc version.

even when i create a new virtual machine, the same problem appears, even before i install my windows...

please help - i can't use this software with my host-only thing....

thanks so much!

thomas

2. MacBookPro

MacBookPro Bit poster

Did you try to uninstall, before re-installing? I had to do this with RC2. I am running the final release version, in host-only mode, and it works.

3. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Reboot Mac OS X after installation of GA should help in such situation.

4. Tomboman

Tomboman Junior Member

thanks guys - it worked!

i tried to reboot first - and well, it worked right away... didn't think of that solution on a mac .-)

thanks again, and especially for the very fast reply!

greetings from germany

thomas