Desktop 4 and Boot Camp first time

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by fabforrest, Nov 11, 2008.

1. fabforrest

fabforrest Member

for this. i have stumbled up to the point where parallels desktop is up and i have the dialog box about windows activation and the message to install parallels tools. clicked on install parallels tools. the cursor in the desktop window is unresponsive. nothing seems to be happening. what?

here is screen shot. has been this way for 10 min.

[​IMG]

what to do?

2. fabforrest

fabforrest Member

ok, i got past this, seemed to be using the wrong virtual machine. ok now. although the game i want to run has one problem and is slow.

3. NikonMike

NikonMike Bit poster

I have the same problem. Mouse and keyborad don't seem to work, nor does sending keyboard events from PD menus.

Booting into Boot Camp in PD4 for the first time, XP SP3 installed in Boot Camp. (first SP2, then Apple BC 2.0, Apple BC 2.1, SP3).

fabforrest, could you share how you got past this?

4. jkconnections

jkconnections Bit poster

I too have the same problem. Could ANYONE please post the answer to this problem?

5. NikonMike

NikonMike Bit poster

Reverted back to PD3

The above happened to me with the initial PD4 release. In the meantime, PD4 was patched to build 3540, are you using that?

Since I needed something working quickly, I reverted back to PD3, which is pretty solid (I reinstalled Boot Camp from scratch). I may try PD4 again later, but for the moment my upgrade is "wasted".

6. jkconnections

jkconnections Bit poster

I'm using the latest version of PD4 - downloaded the upgrade iso image, burned to CD, allowed it to download updates and this is what I get. If they don't come out with a fix, I may just ask for a refund.

7. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Please create ticket in support, we can investigate situation

8. jkconnections

jkconnections Bit poster

Already did - as I couldn't figure this out after about 4 hours of trying