Web site shows final release, is it ok to download?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Olivier, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Olivier

Olivier Forum Maven

Or should we wait for an announcement here or per email before downloading?

2. sergeym

sergeym Parallels Team

Yes! The time has come. Go for it ! :)

3. mike3k

mike3k Member

I already got my final key, but I've been running the pre-release versions both on my iMac at work and my MacBook Pro. I've heard that in the release version the key will work on only one copy. Do I need to buy a second license so I can continue to run it on both machines (not at the same time)? If so, will you have some discounted 2-license pack?

4. Olivier

Olivier Forum Maven

Thanks for the confirmation. I really downloaded and installed after posting and before your confirmation. Couldn't resist. And it accepted my permanent key. Though there are obviously still some issues for some people (USB seems to be the top listed thing), this day will be marked by a white stone as the day Parallels Desktop first release for Mac went alive. Congratulations on the job.

Would be fine to read a list of changes (if any) / fixes between RC2 and GA though.

Thanks !

5. dombi

dombi Bit poster

Could we get a list of changes that were done/fixed since RC2?

6. Ben @ Parallels

Ben @ Parallels Member

if you're planning on installing Parallels on two machines, you'll need two licenses, as Parallels Desktop is licensed per machine. We're working on a way to help our users out with multi-machine installs now, so stay tuned!

7. rich_w

rich_w Member

unless you want to use USB :mad:

8. prock

prock Member

upgrade proceedure

what are the exact instructions from upgrading so as to preserve the VM created with the release candidates? can someone from parallels post step-by-step instructions?

also, i purchased parallels prior to the final release but the key I was sent didn't work with the release candidate and I had to download one from your site. will the key I was sent work with the general, final, release?
    Pete

9. a2dox@usa.net

a2dox@usa.net Bit poster

I had the same questions. Will downloading and installing the final release wipe out what I already have set up?