WM5 won't sync in final release (GA)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by maverick808, Jun 15, 2006.

1. maverick808

maverick808 Hunter

Unfortunately, none of my WM5 devices will sync with the final release. Really disappointing for me as I'm a mobile developer and lack of WM5 synching means I won't be able to use Parallels for my work.

2. akac

akac Hunter

Maverick - which company do you work with? Just interested. We are also Windows Mobile developers (Pocket Informant), so it would be interesting to know.

But yes, this is my *only* major issue with Parallels. I currently use emulation which is what i used on a real PC anyway for 90% of our WM5 dev since VS 2005 came out since it allows us to run many different setups easily, but we need that real device connectivity for the initial QA and final testing.

I'd like to hear from Parallels an idea of what is the problem and what they are doing to take care of it.

3. maverick808

maverick808 Hunter

I'm working on a hack to make WM5 devices kinda work. I'll post my progress soon.

4. maverick808

maverick808 Hunter

akac check your private messages.

5. msolsona

msolsona Junior Member

I am downloading GA right now. So no improvement for USB support?

I have been surviving with the Serial mode sync, ok. yesterday I officially replaced my dell with my MacBook. Let me know if you guys find anything valuable.

6. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

We are aware of problem with WM5 devices in GA version. Actually it is not a bug but design limitation. Our USB team is re-working USB virtualization design to support WM5. Stay tuned - it will be supported in software update.

7. msolsona

msolsona Junior Member

Andrew, great to hear! Keep us posted. If you need somebody to try several WM5 Pocket PC Phone devices I would be willing to try stuff.

marc

8. dahowe

dahowe Bit poster

thanks Andrew and the Parallel team

Thanks guys for what you have done. It is also encouraging to hear that you will be continuing to work on the USB issue with WM5. I purchased my version a while ago and have enjoyed being able to run AutoCAD and other Windows specific applications. While it is a big issue for me to be able to sync my WM5 device, at least I can still do my other things.

Thanks for a fine product and please keep up the good work.

9. maverick808

maverick808 Hunter

I posted my little app for developers in another thread. Hope someone finds it useful.

10. tech_head

tech_head Member

Hi,

I think they have done a great job.
    My WM5 works. I use my Treo 700w in serial mode.
    Network mode, serial mode? As long as mine syncs I don't care.
    I know some of you do, but WM5 is working for me.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2006