Upgraded to 4.0 and now cannot use internet

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by jwest, Nov 11, 2008.

1. jwest

jwest Bit poster

After upgrading to 4.0 I cannot connect to the internet (in Windows XP Pro). I have no problem using the internet on the Mac side, just the Windows side. When I restart Parallels Desktop, I get this message: "There is no network adapter on your Mac for the "Parallels Shared Networking Adapter" virtual network. The network adapter 0 will be disconnected."

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

In configuration of VM remove network Adapter - click Ok
    In Parallels DEsktop - Preferences -Network click Restore Defaults
    Add Network adapter and check

3. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Could you please press "Restore Defaults" button in the "Parallels Desktop -> Preferences -> Networking" window,
    send a problem report using menu "Help -> Report a Problem" and post the number of problem report here?

4. dmzack

dmzack Bit poster

FYI, I had the same issue after upgrading to 4.0 and this resolved it. In my case at least, after installing 4.0 the Parallels virtual adapters for shared and host-only networking were missing from my OS X network configuration. Restoring Defaults put them back, and then I was able to reconfigure them to match my previous settings.

thx