4.0 is great!!! But can I replace the dock icon?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JeanVis, Nov 12, 2008.

1. JeanVis

JeanVis Junior Member

I like 4.0 very much, very good upgrade!! The only thing I don't like is the new dock icon :( I tried to replace it with the old yellow one (which I luckily copied before upgrading) and it only appears when Parallels is not running. Once Parallels is started the new ugly icon appears again ... When I quite Parallels the yellow icon appears again, etc. How can I change that in such a way that only the yellow one appears?

2. mobilehavoc

mobilehavoc Junior Member

Same here. I preferred the PD3 icons where you could easily tell if the VM was running or not. Now apart from the Dock blue dot there's no way to tell.

Would be nice if we could change the icon theme back to PD3.

3. rikardo

rikardo Bit poster

Icon is user settable

If you go to the Config screens for your VM you will find you can now specify an icon. I was unhappy with the static icon and discovered during other trouble shooting that this can be restored to the "live view" functionality existant in Parallels 3.

4. nz_skater

nz_skater Junior Member

Have drilled through the configuration menu for my VM and can't find any reference to the icon. Anyone managed to find this?

5. mwickens

mwickens Junior Member

It's in the application preferences.

6. nz_skater

nz_skater Junior Member

Ahh I see, cheers. Thought it was VM specific, not for the Parallels app. Pity you can't change it to one of your choosing. Am using Candybar to change the the apps icon, but this only seems to work for the dock icon when Parallels isn't loaded and reverts back to the default icon when it loads.

7. rikardo

rikardo Bit poster

Parallels Prefs not VM Config

Sorry about that, the icon selection is made on the Parallels Preferences under Appearance, not for each individual VM in the configuration screen.

8. JeanVis

JeanVis Junior Member

I know preferences has that option, but you cannot choose your own icon, you can only use one of the pre-installed (which are nowhere to be found when I open the package contents ...). The pre-installed ones though do not match my other dock icons at all and I don't like that ...

9. nz_skater

nz_skater Junior Member

Yeah I would like to do the same, doesn't really go that well with the Buuf Deuce icon set :)

10. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<