Need info to return to version 3

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Martin Arant, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Martin Arant

Martin Arant Junior Member

I have a backup of my virtual machine (that I made in parallels 3 and not the one I made during the Parallel 4 install) and the Parallels 3 program is backed up on Time Machine. So if I uninstall version 4.0... then restore the Parallels application via Time Machine and load my backup VM... will that work?

Martin

2. LexCan

LexCan Bit poster

It didn't work for me. After uninstalling 4.0 and reinstalling 3, I still couldn't get things working. I did a *complete* Time Machine restore from just prior to when I downloaded the "upgrade" and even that hasn't worked properly. I just checked my Time Machine archive, and now all my previous backups are missing. What the f***????

The only *positive* news here is that a very kind soul has posted a possible installation solution elsewhere on this forum, and *that* seems to be working - so far (This is the first time I've gotten to step 4, so fingers are crossed).

Check it out:
    http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=31326

3. Martin Arant

Martin Arant Junior Member

Thanks a million for your help. Never have I been so disgusted with a company or a product. This is really BS. These $&$^$% don't deserve to be in business. This has cost me hundreds... if not thousands, just in time

Martin