Parallels 4.0 Upgrade Auto Login issue

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by odend42, Nov 13, 2008.

1. odend42

odend42 Junior Member

My Parallels VM is networked with Active Directory. I upgraded to 4.0 and everything seems to be find but whenever I start up the vm it automatically logs in as __ParallelsHelper0. I would like to upgrade the rest of the people in the company but don't want their machines to have the same issue. I didn't want to delete that account either in case it's needed for anything else. Any ideas?

2. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

odend42,

thank you for your report,
    It's extremely strange that this account still exists on your system -

We create this account during VM upgrade and delete it on the last stage of upgrade
    - to perform all necessary operations without affecting your main
    user account on the system.

Can you send us the "C:\Windows\Temp\parallels-setup.log" file from
    your Windows image ? This may help.

Also - what kind of domain account do you have and what Windows version
    do you use ?

To resolve your issue, you just need to delete this user account
    from your computer (go Preferences -> Users -> Delete account).

Re-installation of Parallels Tools should also automatically disable
    this temporal user account.

Thanks,
    Max

3. odend42

odend42 Junior Member

Just send the log file to parallels support?

4. odend42

odend42 Junior Member

I deleted the local user and now it still keeps trying to auto login with blank username and password. Any advice?

5. atmosonic

atmosonic Bit poster

Experiencing the same __ParallelsHelper0 issue

I upgraded to P4 on my MacBook Pro. Every time I log into window I'm not presented with the Account Login screen as the setting in windows is instructed to do. Instead, the machine automatically boots me into the __ParallelsHelper0 account. BTW if your computer rests for too long you'll be logged out of the PH0 account and when you want to log back in you'll see the Account Logins screen but you'll need to know the PH0 password to get back into that login. Of course I have no idea what the PH0 accounts password is, haha. I'm fearful to take the advice to move forward by deleting the PH0 account given that the person before is still having trouble after doing so. Is there any new info on thsi issue?

Thanks,
    Kyle

6. STim

STim Bit poster

We're trying to reproduce the problem in-house with no luck unfortunately. More information is needed to deal with the problem (you can send the info to me in Private Messages if you don't want to disclose the info publicly):

1. What is your Windows version and service pack level?
    2. How was Windows login screen set up?
    3. What kind of user you used when first prompted to login and when prompted to authorize to run installer software? Was it ordinary user or domain administrator?
    3. The C:\Windows\Temp\parallels-setup.log file, if sent us, will greatly help to understand the problem.

Thank you in advance.

7. odend42

odend42 Junior Member

1. Windows XP SP2
    2. Windows login is setup with username and password authenticating to an Active Directory domain.
    3. A domain admin was used when prompted.
    4. Sent log files through a support ticket.

8. STim

STim Bit poster

odend42,

Thank you. What is your ticket ID?

9. odend42

odend42 Junior Member

Parallels #620832.

10. jlorre

jlorre Bit poster