Failed to install Parallels Shared Folders Drivers

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by robthebruce, Nov 11, 2008.

1. robthebruce

robthebruce Bit poster

Hi,

I am unable to install parallels tools. Every time I try I get an error message "Failed to install Parallels Shared Folders Driver" and then the installation quits. I reported this as an error # 10227.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rob

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Sorry for the inconvenience,
    Could you please compress and attach here the c:\windows\temp\parallels-tools-setup.log file?
    This file contains log of the tools installation and we can find what is wrong.

3. bkbiggs

bkbiggs Bit poster

Same issue...

The installation/upgrade of 4.0 didn't go real smoothly, I had to "manually" continue the upgrade for some reason. Now when I link to the tools iso file, the parallels tools installation fails with the same error, failing to install the parallels tools folder driver.

I logged in under my local Administrator account on windows XP, because when I looked at the log file, it's indicating a failure (error 1602) for what looks like an access error.

Attached Files:

4. dawa

dawa Bit poster

Same issue here.

5. robthebruce

robthebruce Bit poster

Here is the compressed log file

Attached Files:

6. bkbiggs

bkbiggs Bit poster

I've entered a ticket for my case also... its #613415.

Thanks!

7. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Your problem could resolve. Could you please create a ticket and inform me (for example via private message) about ticket number? Or just send me your email-address via private message and I will create a ticket myself.

8. robthebruce

robthebruce Bit poster

I created a ticket:

Parallels #613470

9. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Could you please create a support ticket and inform me about ticket number?
    I also need files to be attached to the ticket-email:

c:\windows\temp\parallels-tools-setup.log
    c:\windows\setupapi.log
    and if you are running Vista the c:\windows\inf\setupapi.app.log

10. bkbiggs

bkbiggs Bit poster

Is there anything we can be trying in the mean time?

11. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

I hope that we will send some solution in 4 hours.. No, there is no simple actione that could help..

12. bi11

bi11 Hunter

All I have to say is that the beta testers you use in the field are useless, maybe you need new ones.

13. dawa

dawa Bit poster

Ticket #614235 created

14. mglish

mglish Junior Member

Same problem here... I had Parallels Tools installed and could access the OS X file system. But my mouse pointer wouldn't seemlessly move from the virtual machine to the Mac. I knew there was one Parallels Tool that could fix that, but I couldn't find any Parallels Tools icons. So I uninstalled Parallels Tools via Control Panel and tried to install them again. The install looks like it's going along smoothly until I hit this error message. I tried quitting Parallels and starting it again and even reinstalled it. Nothing works.

15. ATXP

ATXP Member

Having the same problem too. No control panels.

16. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

mglish, please create a support ticket... unfortunately I can't help with mouse, but someone other will do.

But just a wild guesses:
    could you please provide screenshot of "Right Click on My computer -> Manager -> Device Manager -> Mice and other pointing devices"

ATXP, not quite understand the problem, could you please make a screenshot?