Upgrade requried every time I launch...

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ketanmv, Nov 13, 2008.

1. ketanmv

ketanmv Bit poster

Does anyone know how to fix this? Every time I launch version 4, I am required to "manually" upgrade Parallels. It goes through the process fine and I can use the virtualized OS. If I suspend and/or restart the app, I must do it all over again every time! This is killing me. Anyone have a solution?

Thanks!
    Ketan

2. vyelland

vyelland Bit poster

I have the same problem, every time I start parallels (windows vista vm) or just restart vista within parallels, the upgrade vm process starts. Eventually a message is displayed stating that manual action is required, clicking OK takes you to the windows vista vm which seems to work ok.

3. mkstevo

mkstevo Member

Me too. I ended up reverting to V3 after a fresh install failed to work as well.

4. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

There was such problem in beta for one person when he was connecting two HDD images from PD30 simulteneously, but i thought that issue was fixed.

Problem can be workarounded by typing in the "Virtual Machine configuration" -> Hardware -> CPU -> (enable the Show Advanced settings" -> System flags line
    vm.compat_level=2

Could you please send problem reports using menu "Help"->Report a Problem and post here numbers?

5. vyelland

vyelland Bit poster

Thanks Elric, the workaround cured the problem even though I could not find any indication that I had more than one hdd image connected.

Regards
    Vince