Windows Menu Bar Ver 4.0

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by kevinw, Nov 12, 2008.

1. kevinw

kevinw Hunter

I am using Ver 4.0 and the menu bar (although I have it hide in preferances" it still shows up behind the Mac Dock? How do I get rid of it?

2. summitscout

summitscout Hunter

Which View mode are you intending to use and which is set now? Window, Full Screen, Coherence or Modality?

3. kevinw

kevinw Hunter

Sorry! Coherence

4. kevinw

kevinw Hunter

I am still having problems getting the Windows Taskbar to disappear in Coherence Mode. I have the settings in the configuration set to "automatically Relocate Windwos Task Bar" but it relocates it behind the dock???? It doe snot disappear. Am I doing something wrong?

5. biglar

biglar Pro

Applications-->Hide Windows Taskbar in the menu bar at the top of the Parallels screen.

6. kevinw

kevinw Hunter

Those items are greyed out??? Have no idea why?

7. kevinw

kevinw Hunter

Actually, after closer inspection they are greyed out and not available but they say "Show Windows Taskbar" and "Show Windows Desktop" which would make me believe Parallels thinks it's already hidden yet I see it sitting behing the Mac Dock?????

8. biglar

biglar Pro

Not sure why it's blacked out, but this is where you toggle the bar on and off.
    Also, if it is showing behind dock, you might want to be sure to set "Exclude dock" in the Coherence setting in Configure.

9. kevinw

kevinw Hunter

When I check the box "Exclude Dock" it moves Windows Taskbar from behind the Apple dock to slightly above it, while still in Coherence mode. This is shades of what use to happen in 3.0.

And just out of curiousity, is there suppose to be a Parallels Tool icon in the Windows tray as in Ver. 3.0 becasue if there is I don't have one. I see in Windows Applications Removal that it's installed.

I am wondering if re-installing it, removing if first and reinstalling it would hep?

Who knows, seems like we're not getting much input from the people at Paralllels on any of this. Must have bigger fish to fry.

10. biglar

biglar Pro

There is no Parallels Tools icon in PD4. Everything is changed through the Configure window.
    Sorry I can't help is knowing why the Dock menu item is shaded.

11. summitscout

summitscout Hunter

submit a Problem Report from the Help menu. Be sure the have the affected items on screen so you can include screenshots for developers.