Crisis Management for the Parallels Team

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by cyran, Nov 17, 2008.

1. cyran

cyran Bit poster

I do not believe that anybody from Parallels anticipated the problems reported on this forum with V 4.0. I am sure that the team believed that the QC and beta testing process was sufficient to ensure a successful release.

However, the problems reported to date seem to be sufficient to prevent current users (such as myself) from purchasing the upgrade.

I believe that it would be wise on the part of the Parallels team to get in front of this situation, acknowledge the issues, and offer some thoughts on how they are addressing the problems and when they hope to have them resolved with a new build or a V4.0.1 release.

Right now, the silence is deafening. The last "Official" announcement from Parallels was on 11/12/08 when V4.0 was released. Without formally addressing the issue, one is left to lurk the forums for clues, elect to skip the upgrade, or to purchase the competitor.

Don't squander any goodwill PD has generated up to this point.

2. Parallelogram

Parallelogram Member

I agree. Days keep passing and it STILL doesn't work - and there's STILL no iPhone app.

I think the crisis management model used by Parallels is pretty clear:

1. Take money

2. Run

3. There's no step 3!

I will probably never spend money on Parallels again, even if they do eventually fix the upgrade.

3. bi11

bi11 Hunter

I do find it disturbing that management is so quite. They are a bunch of losers in my book.