Should tray icons observe Windows hide/show settings?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by twynne, Nov 16, 2008.

1. twynne

twynne Hunter

I love the new ability to show Windows tray icons in the OS X menu bar when running in Coherence, but should the icons be observing the hide/show preferences you've selected in Windows? I ask as I only seem to get a subset of the icons actually visible in windows mode, and the selection seems a bit random. I've just set a particular icon to 'always hide' in Windows but it still appears in the menu bar.

If there is currently no way to hide them, can I request/suggest this for a future release? The best option would be to have some controls (separate) in the VM configuration which let you choose which to show/hide. Failing that, if it would just observe the settings in Windows that would be better than no control at all.

Thanks,

Tom

2. tonycarreon

tonycarreon Member

i know this doesn't help, but mine seem to be observing the settings i set in windows. hidden icons do not show on the menu bar. (vista business)

3. twynne

twynne Hunter

Definitely not working that way in XP. For example I've set the icons from my antivirus app to be hidden always and they still show, as does the (rather useless) Lotus Sametime icon.