Neglected Step-Child

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by misterjangles, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Roaster

Roaster Member

John,

I bet you have a tough job here ;-)

I believe that those promised features (if we could see them a day) are already available in your competitors products, so there will be still no need to switch again.

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Probably, if you are talking about Windows version, I am not Windows fun to test in depth, but for Linux, they do not have it

3. Parallelogram

Parallelogram Member

I'm not sure if "neglected step-child" is the right metaphor, because Parallels Desktop for OS X feels tremendously neglected as well. Even if they come out with lots of upgrades with impressive-looking version numbers, it still doesn't actually work. (Many versions literally won't even try to start a virtual machine.)

4. jruschme

jruschme Member

A couple of interesting quotes from the Information Week review of Parallels Desktop 4 (http://www.informationweek.com/news/personal_tech/reviews/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=212100002&pgno=1&queryText=&isPrev=) which opened with the following:

And ended with the conclusion:

5. Roaster

Roaster Member

Thanks jruschme for this quote. Good to know that not only Windows users were ripped off :)

6. Robertjm

Robertjm Member

Still nothing cooking for Linux and Windows?

Crickets....Crickets.

Have to ask, where is the version John told us they were hard at work at last year? Still nothing? Not even a leaked rumor?

7. John@Parallels

I didn't promised any ETA, but we are working, just watch our site

8. André Sá

André Sá Bit poster

And there is no ETA at all?

Couldn't you at Parallels just tell us about a roadmap schedule?

9. John@Parallels

Sorry, no, , just please watch our website

10. Roaster

Roaster Member

John, we are watching for almost two years now. I already forgot how the main website looks ;-)

11. André Sá

André Sá Bit poster

John, you've told that the new Workstation version will bring new features to the Linux users.
    I've been asking myself what features would that be, that other software haven't already release.

12. André Sá

André Sá Bit poster

I've heard the rumor a Workstation beta version would come out during March.
    Is this true? Or just a false rumor?