Blackberry USB still not operational!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by John@flavors, Jun 16, 2006.

1. John@flavors

John@flavors Junior Member

Keep coding!

John

2. peterwor

peterwor Hunter

Its working just fine for me. Are you by chance running Pocketmac? If you are theres a great post in here about having to quit one of the PocketMac runtimes to be able to have Windows in PD to access the USB for the BlackBerry.

HTH,
    Peter

3. John@flavors

Tell me more!

Peter,

I am using the desktop mgr from blackberry. When launched it says disconnected. When I try and connect USB it cannot. The Bluetooth interface does not work either.

The desktop recognises the hardware blueberry, but the software cannot see it.

I'll try and re-install the BB S/W, maybe...

Cheers,

John

4. John@flavors

Re-install does not work

Peter,

Have you used the BB software successfully?

John

5. intermactive

intermactive Bit poster

I have a 8700G blackberry exact same problem says another device is using usb please wait 3 minutes. no connection at all, I use pocket mac so i removed it from teh system completely same problem no response any ideas

6. intermactive

intermactive Bit poster

jsut for the record I have used it with bootcamp noproblem at all

7. intermactive

intermactive Bit poster

What model blackberry and what did you do to make it work ?? thanks col

8. peterwor

peterwor Hunter

John,
    Yes my 8700 syncs up and desktop manager works fine. It does occasionaly not recognize the device but eventually it always does connect and works. I assume the flakiness is somehow related to timing but eventually it does connect and works.
    Not sure what to tel you guys. I never installed PocketMac and it sounds like you guys he=avent either so that probably has nothing to do with it.
    Does any other USB device work for you guys? Next time it doesn't connect right away I'll try and find some log entry and see what it says.

Cheers,
    Peter

9. rgoodwin

rgoodwin Bit poster

My 8700c won't reliably sync or do things like App Loader. SOmetimes it appears to be working, but in the middle of my 300+ contacts and appointments it tends to hang up. Same operation under Bootcamp (or my other Windows PC) works fine.

10. engyew

engyew Member

It works for me. I have a BB 8700 from T-Mobile. I had a lot of problems connecting to it with Desktop Manager 4.1. Then I installed Desktop Manager 4.1.1 from T-Mobile and its a lot more stable. Sometimes I have to plug my BB in again after launching Desktop Manager to get it connected. I can install new applications and take backups. I don't sync since my company has a BES server that does that.

11. engyew

engyew Member

12. MltN2Wndr

MltN2Wndr Bit poster

Mine does the same thing. MacBook with 2GB RAM, 1GB to VM with Windows XP SP2. Loaded the BB Desktop 4.1.1 and still not working...Tries to move Address records (I have isolated this) and it gets stuck at record number 117! It takes forever for the USB port to get it to even acknowledge that the device is connected (I get the warning about there not being enough power in the USB port).