Upgrade Activation Key PD 4.0 seems to be invalid

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MacUser, Nov 21, 2008.

1. MacUser

MacUser Member

Hello,

I am a happy Parallels user from the first hour, I have used all versions and bought every upgrade key that was neccesary.

Almost 2 weeks ago I installed the TRIAL version of 4.0, I activated the application with a TRIAL key and converted the VM from version 3 to 4 it without much troubles and since V4 is running fine.

Today I bought an upgrade key (34,74 euro) and within a minute or so I got an email from Element 5, the payment processor with an Upgrade Acitvation Key.

On the same email was also a download link for the full version of PD4 (?? is the trail version crippled ??).
    I downloaded the installer and installed the "full version" application.

So far so good but when I enter the Activation key I received from Element 5 I get a message "Invalid key".
    BTW, on the Activate Product window is stated "This copy of Parallels Desktop was activated with a trial activation key"

Q) How can I enter the upgrade Activation Key

Thanks for your help,

Wim

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  2. STim

STim Bit poster

Which language version of PD3 have you used before upgrading to PD4?
    Which language upgrade key for PD4 have you purchased?
    Which language version of PD4 is actually installed on your Mac?

3. _joerg_

_joerg_ Junior Member

4. MacUser

MacUser Member

Hello Tim,

Thanks for your quick reply.
    All version I have used are "English" I guess (they all have english text for menus etc.)
    I only have installed electronic downloads so I don't know how to check the versions.

If this info is not sufficient can you tell me how I can check the language version (I have a backup HD with of PD3 installed).

Wim

5. MacUser

MacUser Member

Sorry Joerg, the posting in your link is about "Activation won't take my previous version activation key"
    In my case I don't have a problem with the key of the *previous* version but with the *upgrade key* .....

Thanks anyway,

Wim

6. STim

STim Bit poster

Wim,

If the interface is English, you have the English version then. Please send me your activation key you just purchased via private messages, I'll need to check it's language as well.

7. MacUser

MacUser Member

Tim,

I can't figure out on the email from Elements 5 for wich langauge version I got an upgrade key,
    if I forward the email to you can you then filter out the language version ?

Wim

8. STim

STim Bit poster

Wim,

Just send me this activation key via private messages. Having the key, I'll be able to understand its language version.

9. MacUser

MacUser Member

Tim thanks for your support.

After I entered the key as discussed in the PM the application accepted the upgrade key and then asked for the previous key. When I entered that one the activation was done and followed by a window that asked me to register the key.
    My Parallels Account page is now updated with the new key,

So thanks to your support all went well :)

Best,

Wim

10. STim

STim Bit poster

Wim,

Please check your private message - I have an important question to you.