Parallel tools will not install upgrade 4.0 1306 error?????

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by pkofman@rogers.com, Nov 20, 2008.

1. pkofman@rogers.com

pkofman@rogers.com Member

NOv ,20 ,08

System;

MacBook Pro
    3gb memory
    Set up: Vista 32 on a boot camp partition

I had 3.0 working perfectly and decided to upgrade yesterday. It was a bit slow and a bit painful but i finally got it working after 2 hours with tech support.
    The first issue was that the vm could not find my drive.
    It took a while but we eventually sorted that out.

I was able to boot into my boot camp partition . I have the VM working, I do not have Tools working!

I am unable to install TOOLS!
    I worked with tech for an hour on this and it is still not installed

He was unable to direct me or assist with this issue, He was not able to tell me how what a 1306 error means
    The is the error i receive when i run the tools installed from the Parallel menu.

I would appreciate any assistance that might be out there on this subject. It is very difficult to run 4.0 without tools working.

Thank you all in advance

Peter Kofman P.Eng
    pkofman@rogers.com

2. RLWIV

RLWIV Junior Member

That is basically where I am at. I have Win xp sp3 running, but tools will not install (or at least act installed). So I have all my files stuck in never never land.
    RW

3. pkofman@rogers.com

another day of incredible frustration 1306 error

Tech support is over thier head on this, i was on the phone for over 3 hours, 6 techs and no solution, everytime they transfer me up the ladder they put me in the queue and it hung up on me, Im an idiot for trying so hard to resolve the issue

right now im at the point where my vm is working with my boot disk vista but tools are not installed and working

my computer is set up with a boot camp drive and window works perfectly when booted , even the vm is working in vista, but i have no tools, i keep getting the same error over and over, tech support is lost on this issue.they told me to reinstall my vista because it was corrupt. I said no way, windows is operating properly when started in boot camp
    Can you imagine how misleading that is and some poor sucker is going to start from scratch.
    If my boot camp windows is working perfectly and my vm is working, then its a tools install issue.

I was going to go back and reinstall p3.0 but im not sure what will happen.

Let me know if you find out anything, i will do the same

At this moment my new upgrade is useless and tech support cannot help!

sorry

4. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

5. RLWIV

RLWIV Junior Member

Spent late last night and early this morning trying and absolutely no change with the update. If I could just get my data easily off I can reinstall back to parallels 3, but I don't have access to any way to transfer it.
    RW

6. pkofman@rogers.com

it seems to me that there must be a logical fix for my issue

I have the 1306 error and it comes up when the p4.0 runs to install Tools. It says that the Tools cannot be installed because it cannot gain exclusive access to the boot drive.

I hope this gives someone a clue, im still stuck even with the build above

thank you

7. pkofman@rogers.com

this update did not work, whats next? . Can i get a refund. !, the product does not work

8. pkofman@rogers.com

Andrew, is there any sight of a fix for the 1306 error
    Do you have any knowledge of a fix for this.
    I will provide a screenshot of the problem
    Is the 1306 error a windows error or a parallels error?
    Thank you i still am unable to install TOOLS for p4.0 and the latest build

Peter
    pkofman@rogers.com

9. RLWIV

RLWIV Junior Member

I to am stuck. I cannot get paralles to act like tools is installed even with the new build. Any suggestions?
    RE

10. pkofman@rogers.com

no luck

my error is prl_boot.sys 1306. not tool installation, is this the same for you

11. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

It is MSI error
    Try following
    Cancel Parallels Tools installation, and remove old tools manually from add/remove programs
    Start new Parallels Tools installation

12. pkofman@rogers.com

there is no entry in add/remove for parallel tools. should i just delete all old versions, please remember that my p4 installation is an upgrade so do i have to go back to scratch if i delete the old tools ( if this does not work).

peter

13. pkofman@rogers.com

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

14. pkofman@rogers.com

Firstly there is no entry for p4 tools in add remove
    I cleaned out old versions of ptools
    I reinstalled parallels 4
    it still wont install tools 1306 error same error

15. Hatuxka

Hatuxka Bit poster

In my case, after applying the upgrade, the Parallels Tools installation process seems to nearly complete, with the green dashed line filling the slot of the installation status indicator, but then hangs (been more than an hour now). The start button opens its popup window more responsively, but now it's the window which is now nearly unresponsive, not the button itself.