Problems with Drivers

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ramonekalsaw, Nov 20, 2008.

1. ramonekalsaw

ramonekalsaw Member

I'm working with Mac OS 10.4.11 and Parallels 3.0 build 5600 and when I went to open it got this error message: '

Parallels Desktop is unable to operate properly since it cannot communicate with one of its drivers. Try to restart the application to overcome this issue. If restart doesn't help, re-install Parallels Desktop. Note that Parallels drivers require a short time to be properly started and initialized. So you may need to wait a minute before trying to launch the application.

I tried to reinstall but I don't see v.3.0 available as an option on the Parallels website.

What do you advise?

Thanks.

2. ramonekalsaw

ramonekalsaw Member

Any help with this? I have very little faith in Parallels these days :(
    I'm one step away from going back to BootCamp or using a PC on the side :( -- which I'll have no choice because I can't get Parallels 3.0 to launch anymore. This is on top of my Internet connection via Parallels having stopped working over a year ago. Great product! -- until it starts falling apart :{ ...

Signed ... Dissatisfied

3. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

I suppose that some software on Mac OS is preventing Parallels Drivers to start
    If you list software and drivers installed it will be helpful