Upgraded to 4.0 - Can't Copy/Paste

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by fmckinnon, Nov 18, 2008.

1. fmckinnon

fmckinnon Member

4.0 - having major copy/paste issues. I've re-installed P Tools and it fixes it for a minute. Attempts to paste ANYTHING copied from the Mac OS result in the program hanging up.

I can't paste RMA# or Addresses into Endicia's Dazzle. Then, even tried pasting into Notepad - locks up there, too.

Running XP Home ED in Parallels 4.0

Desperate to get this resolved.
    Fred

2. fmckinnon

fmckinnon Member

upgrade to last hot fix - still a big joke. It works for about 10 minutes, then copy/paste quits working, randomly.

have to constantly restart Windows. What a joke.

3. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

What custom clipboard software you have on Mac and Windows related to clipboard?

4. fmckinnon

fmckinnon Member

I have TextExpander installed on the Mac-side of things ... but it's a key-stroke saver - it doesn't interact w/ the clipboard at all.

5. dreissman

dreissman Bit poster

Unable to copy/paste within windows

After reinstalling Parallel tools three times and uninstalling once, I still cannot copy/paste.
    If I try to copy/paste from one Windows program to another all is ok until I try to copy/paste to the Mac. Once this fails, I can no longer copy/paste within windows at all.

Any suggestions?

I am not running any clipboard program on either OS. I am running the Mac under Tiger, however.

6. fmckinnon

fmckinnon Member

Me, too ... it works for a while, but in a 1-hour session of working on shipping my orders (between copying/pasting tracking numbers from emails in my Mac to the PC shipping software, or copying/pasting OrderID from my PC shipping sfotware into my Excel spreadsheet on Mac, I have to restart Parallels 3-4x.

After restarting, copy/paste works again, until for whatever reason, it stops. Extremely buggy, and frustrating.

7. fmckinnon

fmckinnon Member

OK, so this still is a major issue. It works sproadically.

Today, I've re-installed Parallels Tools (for the 99th time), rebooted the mac, rebooted the PC, all multiple times.

I can't copy or paste either direction now. No custom clipboard stuff - the "text expander" isn't operating off the clipboard.

When I copy an address from an order notification email on my Mac, and attempt to paste it into Dazzle, it immediately locks up the program, and I have to do End Task.

Doesn't matter if I do Control-V to paste, or right-click and choose "paste" - as soon as you do it, bam.

After that, copying from PC-to-Mac is not working.

Please get this resolved ASAP - for me, I'm in dropshipping and e-biz, and this is killing my productivity at the most critical time of the year. I have to restart this system to many times, and every other label I have to force-quit and restart.

It's not the Dazzle shipping software either ... I can get the same errors trying to paste into other Apps, such as QuickBooks or even Notepad.