solace for Parallels 4.0 customers

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by Jonathan Hartley, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Jonathan Hartley

Jonathan Hartley Bit poster

I'm counting my blessings: At least Parallels have the free support. I migrated here from VMWare because I couldn't even get email support without paying for the privilege - and there isn't even a telephone support line.

VMWare also had big performance problems when they released version 2. Clearly new software releases have teething issues. It'll get fixed. No doubt Parallels is even more keen to get the recent issues fixed than we are.

2. Parallelogram

Parallelogram Member

Parallels has free support?

I keep reading posts from people who say they not only had to pay $30 for support, but also found that even if they did so, they only got in touch with people who barely spoke English reading from a script.

3. oowf

oowf Bit poster

My first problem was responded to by a person who seemed very knowledgeable and who was very helpful!

I just started using V 4.0 and have some additional issues and got a response from a different tech who I truly believe was reading some one else's problems not mine... he/she did address each item number correctly but I don't think he/she read past the number it's self... six questions with gobs of information for them to work with and nothing was resolved... I was even told to do things like switch to "Bridged Connection" when I clearly told them in my previous dialog that I was using a Bridged connection!

Oh well.. maybe I'll get the other person back again! I hope!

The Oowf