Parallels XP desktop converted to VMWare - Issues

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration in Windows and Linux' started by kostyan44, Sep 15, 2008.

1. kostyan44

kostyan44 Bit poster

Hi All,

I have a question about Parallels conversion - we have a user who converted a parallels XP Desktop into VM Ware. However there seems to be a number of issues going on - for example, I cannot open hyperlinks is Outlook. I did some extensive research and tried a bunch of fixes to make IE handle the hyperlinks - no joy. Upon looking into the registry (HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT) I noticed that http link opening is handled by one of the Parallels Tools - SIA (Shared Internet Application??)

- Tried to uninstall Parallels Tools - no joy - says that VM Ware requires Parallel Tools to run Windows

- I tried to remove this association - but I cannot make modifications to those registry keys - the value gets reverted back to the Parallels application.

- I renamed the Parallels Tools directory and this made clicking on hyperlinks bring up a "Locate Link Opener Application" window.

Anyone had issues like mine before? I would hate to tell my user to just rebuild the machine from scratch.. I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Thanks!!

2. tuvw375

tuvw375 Banned

3. Parallelogram

Parallelogram Member

Time to lay off the sauce, man... :)