Is Parallels taking its' users for granted?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by firesong, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

I have just contacted the sales team, they will update you soon

2. Andrew@Parallels

fromans, have you created the ticket on the Workstation issue? Provide me with its number if yes

3. ryanplusplus

ryanplusplus Member

Thanks, I appreciate it

4. firesong

firesong Bit poster

Ah yes.. THAT was the press release I saw too! Which was why I bought Parallels back then in the first place instead of VMWare.

Notice how it's vanished and they gave us something else instead. And that something else did not mention anything about Aero. Then again, it's on their servers, so they have every liberty to edit it - we won't know if they've done so.

5. fromans

fromans Member

No I just included my Workstation complaints with all of my PD ones. Basically unless you can get a newer version of Workstation out, it's unusable for me. Linux support is just not up to par and I'd like to see those interchangeable virtual machines between platforms they talked about last year. I believe John mentioned a version 3 beta of Workstation last summer. When will we be seeing that?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  6. Andrew@Parallels

fromans, I cannot provide you with the exact time frames, but still I can forward your ticket to the appropriate department if you create a ticket

7. Shelob

Shelob Bit poster

Tardy moderation too!!

I don't mean to jump on the bandwagon, but the last few times I have submitted to this forum it has taken, frankly, unacceptably long to be posted (let alone replied to, though this I can tolerate).

If every post is going to be moderated, then moderate! I posted what must be 6 hours ago now, maybe 4 if I'm exaggerating, but it feels like 12, and still no sign of my submission.

Clearly support is generally stretched in meeting the demand for assistance on this forum, and maybe this forced delay between submission and actual posting is a way for you guys to manage the load without inciting a bunch of frustrated rants (yes, like this). But if that is the case then there needs to be some serious thought given to the role of customer feelings in here, because lately I get the feeling that mine don't count.

We like you guys - you're always extremely helpful when you respond, impeccably polite, and frankly an indispensable resource. But we're your loyal customers and we expect your loyal support in return, and making us feel ignored is not smart business. If it's a matter of limited resources, add to them, please. For your own sake as well as ours.