Switching to Coherence causes Windows XP to crash

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by gschoenthal, Nov 12, 2008.

1. gschoenthal

gschoenthal Bit poster

Hi,
    Everything seems to have gone fine for the upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0, but now everytime I try to switch to coherence mode Windows XP crashes. Attached is a screen shot of the crash that happens every time I try to switch to coherence. Every time it crashes, it reboots in window mode and works in window mode just fine. Please help. Thanks, Gerhard

Attached Files:

2. modronmarch

modronmarch Member

Generally, Coherence relies on Parallels Tools drivers to work. It might be worthwhile to try re-installing the Tools and see if the issue persists.

3. mschool

mschool Member

I've gotten that blue screen about 6 times over the past few days. It's never attributed to the same thing except clicking a window, either on the Mac side of the XP side.

4. Flagg

Flagg Hunter

Hello,

could you replicate the issue and send us a report via: Help -> Report a Problem? This will send us the logs, at which we can look, as long as you provide us with your assigned Report ID number.

5. gschoenthal

gschoenthal Bit poster

Hi,

I already have an open ticket for this problem. The ticket id is 613508.

However the problem, for me at least, seems to have been solved, or at least went away, after I uninstalled and then installed the Kaspersky Anti-Virus program. Now coherence seems to be running just fine.

Thanks for the help. Please ask any additional questions if you would like.

Gerhard