Activation won't take my previous version activation key

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by rmansfield, Nov 14, 2008.

1. arh

arh Bit poster

I have received a reply from support now. They will deactivate the key for the upgrade in English and said they will give me a refund. Then I will have to purchase a new upgrade key for the German version.

Just replacing the keys would have been easier I guess. Anyway, at least I got a solution.

2. _joerg_

_joerg_ Junior Member

hi,

i guess/hope they will offer this to me, too.

but, how do you buy the german key? when i select "store" in the parallels website and "buy upgrade" i can not see if this actually is the german key or just an other english key!

so maybe i didn't do anything wrong - the shopsystem may have selected the wrong key

any idea?

jörg

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  3. arh

arh Bit poster

4. rschoppm

rschoppm Bit poster

I also have received a refund (or at least an email by element5 that they have processed the refund) for my english upgrade key and the request to purchase a japanese upgrade key.

Since the Jp version is not yet released, I also received a trial license key for the english version, valid until december 15.

upgrade to 4.0 went without much trouble ... just took some time. The benefit of the two processor core however was not as significant as I expected... But we might have to blame M$ for that.

thanks for the support parallels-team!

5. arh

arh Bit poster

rschoppm,

How long did it take to get the refund? I am still waiting ...

Thanks

6. rschoppm

rschoppm Bit poster

arh,

the refund confirmation by element5 actually before the response by the parallels support

Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 5:41 PM: elements5 cancelled order
    Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 5:42 PM: parallels support notification

I havnt checked my credit card records yet, but all seems right in my case.

r.

7. arh

arh Bit poster

Thank you. You should be lucky, I have been waiting for my refund since 11/21/08 now.

I have opened a new support ticket because they closed the old one.

If someone from Parallels support is reading here and you are serious in giving refunds you promised, please could you check my ticket ids:

#618074 - old one (closed)
    #627450 - current request

8. voobrajulia

voobrajulia Member

arh,

I have checked your ticket and it is processed now. Please check, you should have received an e-mail from us.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  9. arh

arh Bit poster

voobrajulia,

Thank you for your quick reply. I hope it will work this time and the refund will be processed finally.