Mobile Phone support

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by shirland, May 6, 2006.

1. shirland

shirland Bit poster

I am only asking this because the MOTOROLA PEBL is not fully supported on a mac.

I am trying to upload pictures and Sounds via motorola phone tools, the phone shows in the drop down list of USB devices but doesn't show up as a connected device and the motorola software cannot see it!

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Thanks for reporting - we will check this issue.

3. jhrunnels

jhrunnels Bit poster

Motorola e815

I'm having the same sort of USB problem. The USB cable for my Motorola phone (e815) leads to a connection listed in the Parallels USB Devices, but I get the same "blocked ... wait 5 - 10 seconds ... " message that people are reporting with many USB devices.

For my part - the ability to hack ... er, communicate with .... my phone is the only reason I need Windows.

Please advise on the status of this issue. Or - has anyone found a way to make OS X "release" the USB device such that the Guest OS (WinXP SP2) might see it?

Otherwise - spectacular software. I've got $39.99 burning a virtual hole in my virtual pocket to give to you for the pre-order if I can get this phone connection working.

For the record - this is phone hardware/ software that is known to work on an identical install of WinXP SP2 on a "real" Windows machine.

Thanks,
    James

4. wesley

wesley Pro

No workie with my VKmobile VK-X100 cellphone either. I get the 'blocked' error message here as well. I tried the 'auto connect' feature, but as soon as the phone is connected OS X apparently takes it, and the error message pops up immediately.

5. logandzwon

logandzwon Member

I've got a Motorolla V3 and using the 1848 GA build. I get the same device is bussy message as I got under RC2. =(

6. dcorbell

dcorbell Bit poster

Yeah, I still can't connect my RAZR V3C with the final release. Same busy device message.

7. marketsens3

marketsens3 Bit poster

Same problem here with a Nokia E60. I've tried with a cable and with bluetooth. I think it's a problem with the final release. I had bluetooth working fine in the last release, and connected to another Nokia phone without a problem.

8. Jerry

Jerry Member

Also getting that on the RAZR V3
    and the Nokia 9300
    Qtek 1010 PocketPC with Winmobile 2002 and Active sync 3.8 crashes Parallels

Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  9. prethip

prethip Bit poster

so is nokia 6680... neither over bluetooth or over USB...
    it says wait 5 min...
    please fix it

10. marketsens3

marketsens3 Bit poster

Yes, please take a look at this issue. In the final release candidate, everthing worked fine...I could connect with two different Nokia phones via bluetooth, and I made my decision to purchase based partially on this functionality. Now, for whatever reason, I can't get it to work. I have made no other system changes beside updated Parallels software.