How could I keep working with "best performances" in XP with PD4

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by patimages, Nov 27, 2008.

1. patimages

patimages Member

Indeed, in order to gain in speed, I prefer to work using the classic environment or, in other words the "best performance" setting. This is done with an option found in Settings/control panel/system/Advanced tab/Settings/ and selecting "adjust for best performances"). Doing so change the XP look into a classic look (grey taskbar, etc.). The problem is that at each restart, this setting is reseted, the appearance switches back to XP look (blue taskbar, etc.) while the "adjust for best performances" setting is still selected. The only way to get it back is selecting "adjust for best appearance" and then back to "adjust for best performances".

This may look like a boring thread but this tiny setting makes a huge difference in speed !!!! Would there be a fix ?

Thanks!

2. estrelnikov

estrelnikov Parallels Team

What view mode you're using? Try disabling Undo Disks option if it's enabled.

Couldn't reproduce with build 3540.209168.

3. patimages

patimages Member

Hi, I am using PD4 built 3540. The view mode is the normal one (not coherence). However, I do not know how to check the undo disk option. Where is located in pd4 ?

Thanks !

4. estrelnikov

estrelnikov Parallels Team

Click Configure on VM window, select Startup and Shutdown item from the list and uncheck 'Enable Undo Disks'

5. patimages

patimages Member

Got it, thanks. It was not checked. Just reproduced the bug again. Would a ticket help you determine the issue?
    For info, using bootcamp VM, leopard 10.5 and PD4 -3540.

6. patimages

patimages Member

precision : a simple restart of xp without switching off PD4 keeps the settings. A restart after PD4 has been switched off and back on reset the settings (while the "adjust for best performances" button remains weirdly selected)... Can you reproduce this after switching off PD4 and using the normal view (still not familiar with the names : same view than in pd3, without the weird "coherence" toolbar)? thanks!