Lost functionality...

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by luc2, Nov 27, 2008.

1. luc2

luc2 Bit poster

I'm really disappoint to see that after upgrading to PD4 that now I need to hit control-option for the VM to release my mouse pointer. This is a downgrade of functionality, with PD3 you only need to clic outside the VM window for the Mac to recuperate the pointer.

Luc

2. Kris G

Kris G Member

That should not be happening. I did in fact had the same issue when Tools were not installed. Check that you have functional Tools. There is also an option from Virtual Machine Configuration under "Services" tap calling for" "Automatically capture and release mouse pointer". Make sure that this option is checked.

Kris

3. luc2

luc2 Bit poster

Thanks Kris, earlier this morning I found a post saying that if you see the control-option message on the bottom-left of you VM window that mean that your PD tool are not install. Strange because I did install the tool... I try to reinstall restart, not working, close the VM disable mouse sync in config/service reinstall still not working, close the VM enable mouse sync reinstall, WORKING NOW.

It took me 4 PD tool installation for this feature to work :-(

4. Kris G

Kris G Member

I had problems with Tools as well to properly install them. The safest thing is once you are in VM uninstall Tools from Control panel using uninstall programs options. That should completely remove Tools. Then try to install them again. It worked for me.

Kris

5. brukru

brukru Bit poster

Try This

Machine Configuration|Services|check box for "Auto release mouse and keyboard"