Just general mouse problems.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by jfavero, Jan 25, 2008.

1. jfavero

jfavero Junior Member

So when I first started on the parallels system, I was able to be in parallels and exit to the mac OS without hitting ctrl+alt to release keyboard and mouse..., I could click anywhere I wanted without hitting the ctrl+alt, it was great. I installed a mouse driver to get my mouse operating properly (which it now does on the mac side, but not PC), and things have been wonky ever since. Then I un-installed that driver, but things didn't go back to what they were before.

I tried coherence mode, but it mainly feels incoherent... my pointer ends up traveling down the screen, and I can't get control of it again until I exit that mode.

Now my mouse is constantly sticking... most notably in dreamweaver CS3, where the clicks aren't always acknowledged, and it pauses a lot in the windows side. I've cleaned the mouse as best possible, my mouse pad, everything... my Mac mouse does the same thing, but the one I'm trying to run is a logitech mx 700 wireless.

All this is getting very frustrating, any help would be much appreciated.

2. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

Try reinstalling parallels tools.

3. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

actually, I suppose you didn't have Parallels Tools installed and, as mouse synchronization is provided by them, you should install them. After you start your VM, please, go to Parallels Desktop top menu->Actions->Install Parallels Tools.
    Will it solve the mouse issue?

4. scotleag

scotleag Bit poster

Hmm. I have Parallel Tools installed and after many months of seamless switching just started experiencing mouse problems. First when I opened Parallels my Logitech Cordless Mouse disappeared. No great hassle, I thought, as I have fingers and a trackpad. Then my mouse pointer disappeared from the screen. The upshot is I can use a mouse pointer in Windows or in Mac but not in both. As Parallels is 'in Mac' so to speak I can't quit it, I can't even force quit it. Effectively Parallels is redundant. Any solutions short of reinstallation would be great. I just don't see why every time there is a problem with Parallels there has to be an uninstall and fresh installation.

I added nothing to the Mac recently. I use Parallels almost every day. So I have no idea why this should suddenly happen

5. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

reinstallation of Parallels Tools is a simple procedure and won't take long. It also shows the origin of the issue. Will you please, try to reinstall them?

6. bernyg

bernyg Bit poster

Same exact problem in parallels 4

I have a new macbook pro (Leopard osX 10.5.5) with Parallels 4.0 installed.
    It was working fine for a week or so. Then I installed a Logitec USB wireless mouse in Windows and since then all hell has broken out with the mouse when flipping between Windows and Mac.

For example, in Coherence mode with the Windows status bar showing at the bottom of the screen, I cant click anything in the Windows status bar as the mouse pointer dissapears. If I turn the status bar off and click the Start icon, the Windows Start menu pops up but I when I move my mouse over it the mouse pointer dissapears. If I "pretend" that thepinter is there and take a best guess at clicking something in the menu it does not work. If I then switch Parallels to Window mode, I am able to click somewhere in the Windows window and then the mouse goes sliding off the bottom of the screen with no control.

I have reinstalled Parallels Tools 3 times now. Same problem.

I have uninstaled the logitec mouse from withn windows and it still didnt work.

Currently Parallels is unusable since I cant get the mouse to work even using the mac mouse pad.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

7. Kris G

Kris G Member

I suggest that you first completely uninstall Parallels tool from your Control Panel in Windows once under VM. Than install again. Simply reinstalling did not work for me.

Kris

8. bernyg

bernyg Bit poster

Removed and reinstaled. Same problem :(

Many thanks for your reply. I tried that. It has made some difference but largely the problem persists.
    In the Windows VM I uninstalled Parallels Tools. Also ensured the Logitec mouse driver was also uninstalled.
    When Windows rebooted (after removing Parallels tools), the VM window said at the bottom that Parallels tools was not installed. I then installed it via Parallels Desktop->Virtual Machine->Install Parallels Tools . I tried this method twice. Remvove and install. Same deal each time.

The problem is this: if I move my mouse from the Mac canvas onto any potion of the Windows canvas I loose the mouse from both Mac and Windows. The only way to get the mouse back is to CMD-left or Right arrow and use Spaces to get me to another virtual mac desktop. The mouse then appears and I can then move back to the desktop where Windows is. But if I click anywhere within the Windows VM, Bam! I loose the mouse again. I tried flipping between Coherence, Full Window and Window on the VM but same deal. Bah!

The worst part of all this is that everything worked perfectly until I installed the Logitech mouse driver in Windows.

Please, anyone any suggestions. I am at a loss.

9. Perpendiculars

Perpendiculars Bit poster

I was having the same problem, my Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 on the Windows side didn't allow the buttons to be configured so I installed the driver on the Windows side. Once I did that I lost the automatic mouse capture function, even after updating Parallels Tools.

I deleted deleted Parallels Tools through the Windows side, then re-installed. I now have automatic mouse capture, but my buttons can't be configured.

Any suggestion on how I can customize my mouse buttons on the Windows side? Everything worked properly on Parallels 3.