still having the double mouse cursor thing

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by cybercookie72, Jun 3, 2006.

1. cybercookie72

cybercookie72 Bit poster

Greetings all

Im running ubuntu and have not had many probs until 2 updates ago.....two updates ago the double mouse cursor thing would happen as soon as I open the VM, as soon as it booted the double mouse was there and would not go away....now with the last update it boots with one mouse cursor and then anytime i click the second cursor appears in the center of the screen, if i move the cursors to a corner the cursors become one until I click again......

hope that helps....if you need more info just ask....
    I have not had time to check all the ways to see if wifi works...but will get to it asap

thanks for the hard work....

PS....maybe I need to uninstall and reinstall is there a secret to uninstall or just toss the parallels folder in the trash and delete?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2006
  2. thrad

thrad Bit poster

Yeah! Me too! ... except it randomly disappeared today. it usually did it after hte first time I clicked again after letting the VM take focus -- the second cursor would show up. Weird...

3. Don

Don Bit poster

Yup, I'm still getting the cursor on top of my AutoCAD LT 2005 cross-hairs. In effect, this is similar to having double cursors. There should be no cursor in the AutoCAD drawing area under normal drawing conditions; just the cross-hairs. I have tried different screen resolutions, a variety of cursors, etc, to no avail.

This is the only problem I have come across with Parallels thus far but it is a central problem since the only function of Parallels is to run AutoCAD on my iMac and this problem is very distracting.

4. Kronin

Kronin Bit poster

This happens as well in SoftPlan. Identical to what Don is saying about how AutoCAD has cross-hairs and isn't supposed to display a mouse cursor...

Parallels... any news? Do you need more feedback? Do you need some screenshots?

Softplan is the only reason I'm using Parallels. If it (the mouse cursor displaying when it shouldn't) isn't resolved, I'll have to resort to dual-booting a'la boot camp (I don't want to have to do this, but...)

5. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

Please, try to disable mouse cursor acceleration with "Winows Display Settings" -> "Advanced" -> "TroubleShoot" -> "Hardware Acceleration" -> "One less then Full".
    Does this fix the "double mouse" thing ?

Regards,
    Max

6. mikeshappell

mikeshappell Member

I have reported that I have the OSX cusror on top of the Windows cursor most of the time. I did find that resetting the display color depth causes the problem to go away (until the next restart of the VM). By this I mean if I change from 32-bit to 24-bit problem gone. I can even change back to 32-bit and the problem is still gone until I restart the VM.

Mike

7. Kronin

Kronin Bit poster

Yes, Max. That setting change fixed the "double mouse" thing. Thanks.

Don, you might want to give this a try.