Full screen resolution

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Jan, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Jan

Jan Bit poster

I am using the GA for about a week now but I still cannot find out how to set up an automatic change of the resolution of the VM screen running inside the MacOSX to full screen mode. If I am inside the MacOS, I would prefer 1024x720 so I can see the control buttons on the left and on the bottom, while when in full screen I would prefer 1280x800, the same as my Macbook native resolution. Can you, please, post step by step instructions how to do it, if possible. Thanks a lot!

2. kaidomac

kaidomac Member

1. Install Parallels
    2. Install XP
    3. Install Parallel's VM Tools from the Parallels menu
    4. Set the resolution in windowed mode
    5. Go fullscreen

You may need to play with it a bit. It works fine for me now that I've installed Parallel's Tools. Automatically resizes from1280x800 to 1680x1050 for me. Good luck and let us know how it turns out :)

3. Jan

Jan Bit poster

thank you

Yes, that's exactly what i needed! Thank you so much! :)

4. TLCC

TLCC Bit poster

yes this also helped me. Thanks

5. kaidomac

kaidomac Member

No problem, glad to help :) After I installed Parallel's Tools everything changed...my favorite thing is that when your mouse moves over the Parallels window and the Parallels window is active, it automatically controls the mouse in XP, then slides out when you reach the other side of the screen. This is so much handier than having to press CTRL+ALT to control OS X again.

6. Jan

Jan Bit poster

Yes, indeed, everything changed! Thanks again.