Do you have menu lag?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by kaidomac, Jun 19, 2006.

1. kaidomac

kaidomac Member

I was wondering if anyone else had menu lag. When I open up applications in XP under Parallels, the menus seem to lag just a bit, such as the Bookarmks menu in Firefox or the Edit menu in Paint Shop Pro. It feels like I'm using XP through a Remote Assistance connection, if you're familiar with that XP feature. The Parallels software recommended using 1500 megs of ram and I'm only using 1024 megs of ram; I only have 2 gigs on my system and most of the time I can't spare a full 1500. Would using 1500 fix that problem? I don't know if more memory is allocated to the emulated graphics card based on the amount of ram given to the virtual machine or if I'm just going to have to live with this. Thanks!

2. gander2112

gander2112 Junior Member

No lag here, and I just devote 384M to Windows XP pro, 512M to PD, and the rest of my 2G is for the Mac.

Geoff

3. kaidomac

kaidomac Member

How do you set seperate memory for XP and seperate memory for PD?

4. jimee

jimee Bit poster

I have a lag on the entire windows xp Guest OS since GA release. I dont have much installed, so I'm thinking about deleting and reinstalling windows. suggestions anyone?

5. jimee

jimee Bit poster

I figured why it was lagging. I didn't update the Parallel tools from RC2 to FR. It solved the lag issue and now its running smootha gain.