White square in desktop

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by keithh, Dec 3, 2008.

1. keithh

keithh Member

I have suddenly acquired a 2cm x 2cm white square in my blue windows 2000 desktop backdrop and I can't get rid of it. Has anyone experienced the same and if so what was it and how did they get rid of it?

2. modronmarch

modronmarch Member

Would you kindly provide a screenshot? You can make one by pressing Command + Shift +3 and a .png file will appear on your Mac desktop. Any thoughts on what may have caused this corruption (say, maybe you installed some software or tampered with settings/drivers/etc. just before this square popped up) will also be much appreciated.

3. keithh

keithh Member

I cannot recall doing anything different but patently I must have done something (or allowed something). Sorry I can't be of more help

How do I insert the screen image into a post here? When I click on the "insert picture" icon it asks for a URL and doesn't give me the opportunity to browse and point to a file on my desktop

(From my replies you can tell I am very much a MAC novice)

4. bbbullock

bbbullock Junior Member

keithh...

Is this what you're experiencing (see attached screenshot)? I have had it since the upgrade to PD4.0, and it is very annoying. Nothing makes it go away.

Brian

Attached Files:

5. phesopheon

phesopheon Member

Just checking... did you try switching to windowed mode and back to coherence mode?

Paul

6. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

This is showing lack of video memory
    1. Increase video memory for VM
    2. Decrease mac OS resolution

7. keithh

keithh Member

I altered the Virtual memory and that fixed it - thank you John. It turned out to be a stuck screen for Internet Express