Virtual disc broken

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Mauro Bossetti, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Mauro Bossetti

Mauro Bossetti Member

Hi,

I was doing nothing, Windows said the disc is corrupt and CHKDKS is finding thousand of errors in the virtual disc... Report #18596

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

First step immediately backup your Virtual Machine, and let chkdsk to finish

3. Mauro Bossetti

Mauro Bossetti Member

I already had a manual backup of this, and it worked, since after one hour, Windows was back BUT without any program installed. I reverted to the backup and, surprise, Smart Select doesn't work anymore.

4. modronmarch

modronmarch Member

Possibly a corrupted Parallels Tools issue. Please try re-installing Parallels Tools following these steps:

-start your Virtual Machine, go to Start => Control Panel => Programs and features. Locate the Parallels Tools entry and uninstall it;

-shut down your VM, go to the Configuration Editor (Virtual Machine => Configure);

-go to CD/DVD-ROM 1. select the 'use image file' radiobutton. click 'Choose'. go to /Library/Parallels/Tools and open the 'prl-tools-win.iso' file. click 'Ok'. start your Virtual Machine;

-wait for Windows to boot completely. cancel any 'found new hardware' menus that pop up. go to Start => My Computer, right-click on the cd-rom icon (it should display the Parallels Tools logo) and select Autorun.