can't get internet in parallels with airport

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by cypherrage, Dec 3, 2008.

1. cypherrage

cypherrage Bit poster

I have the latest version of parallels desktop, running windows, and i usually have internet through airport on my mac.
    however whenever i run parallels it says "limited or no connectivity"
    i got internet last night while bagging my neighbor's internet....weird...as in it worked on parallels, but no other time than that has it worked.
    havn't touched any settings, any help? something im doing wrong? will parallels not automatically connect to the airport connection if the device is set to the airport adapter?
    helpz? lol

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Please provide me with Parallels Desktop version running
    Network mode - I suppose Shared Networking?
    ifconfig -a from Mac OS
    ipconfig /all from Windows

If it is Bridged Ethernet, and you are using secure wife network, it may not work, you connected to your neighbor network because it is open network

3. cypherrage

cypherrage Bit poster

well ipconfig is not a registered command in command prompt for some reason in windows.
    im not typing /ipconfig or anything, ipconfig doesn't work...
    at school it doesn't work either, and school has a secure network with a password.
    I am using Parallels 3.0 build 5608.

4. bpzdiver

bpzdiver Member

same problem

Yesterday (and for the last 6 months) I was able to use IE on Windows XP under Parallels, but today I cannot connect. I also get the same "limited or no connectivity" warning. Haven't changed anything. Running 3.0 build 5608. Should I run the 5626 upgrade? I'm not sure what you mean about Network Mode, sorry.

Overall Parallels has been working fine for me. Don't know what this sudden change was due to. Of course now is when I need to connect to the internet through XP, to run a website that won't work with Mac's.

5. bpzdiver

bpzdiver Member

never mind

I rebooted the Mac and IE works fine. Go figure.