Send Keys: Print Screen

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by sdfjkl, Jun 7, 2006.

1. sdfjkl

sdfjkl Bit poster

Another useful addition to the send keys menu that I often miss would be both Printscreen and Alt-Printscreen for taking screenshots in Windows guests - simply because these don't exist on the Mac(Book) keyboard.

2. sdfjkl

sdfjkl Bit poster

Has anyone found a good solution for this? Remapping the Keyboard to make a Printscreen key available in the Windows guest?

3. 71Maple

71Maple Junior Member

F13 key on Apple BT wireless keyboard = Print Screen

I use an Apple BlueTooth wireless keyboard with my MacBook when at the office and discovered, accidentally, that the F13 key works as the Print Screen key. If I press Alt first I can get a screenshot of the active window and if I press shift first I get a screens hot of the whole screen.

4. magicRob

magicRob Bit poster

I've sent a support request through similar to this, but am yet to get a response (i sent it last week). So much for handing over $$ for a product and getting support...

I'm running Parallels desktop for Mac and have Win2K as my guest OS. I wanted to know how to get the Print Screen / Scroll Lock and Pause/Break keys as well as the insert key working.

Anyone have any ideas?

5. nealpat

nealpat Bit poster

FastStone Capture

I gave FastStone Capture a try and it is a very good solution for me. It allowed me to map Cntrl+Shift+F12 to capture the active window, and thus is my Print Screen solution. It's lightweight, unabtrusive, and has some settings that are really useful (capture to clipboard, file, printer, etc.)

http://www.faststone.org/

It's freeware, but I intend to donate some money - love utilities like this.

6. L-Key

L-Key Junior Member

[www.ntwind.com ]if anyone needs to get screen shots from Win XP

L-Key

7. mixxen

mixxen Bit poster

yes! please add in a send print screen feature.

8. Geffy

Geffy Bit poster

I'll second/third or whatever the request for the ability to send Print Screen to the virtual machine but I actually need the proper key sent not just screen capture facility. Part of my job requires using a KVM device which uses the Print Screen button to bring up a selection menu to choose the KVM port you want to use.

9. linus2046

linus2046 Bit poster

10. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Thanks for suggestion - we will definetely add this feature in upcoming releases.

11. mpalladi

mpalladi Bit poster

Free utility - Gadwin Printscreen is the best solution I have found.

From the website
    Want to create a screenshot suitable for saving or printing? Then just hit a key on your keyboard. Oh yeah, you'll have to download this program first.

There are several hotkey combos to choose from (PrintScreen is the default). Once you've chosen your favorite combo, head to the Destination tab and have the screen print out instantly, copy the capture to the clipboard, save it to a specific folder, or even send it through e-mail. You can perform full screen captures, or only capture a specific window.

Gadwin PrintScreen is an easy to use freeware utility that allows you to capture any portion of the screen, save it to a file, copy it to Windows clipboard, print it or e-mail it to a recipient of your choice.

There are also six different image formats to choose from, and each one can be resized. With all the customization capabilities, what more could you ask for?

http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/

Mark