Repetitive and annoying registration nag window

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by sparker, May 28, 2008.

1. sparker

sparker Member

I'm getting a registration nag almost every time I run a properly registered and licensed copy of Parallels 3.0 b5584.

Here's my "About Parallels" and "Nag dialog". Has anybody else seen this nag? Getting tired of it? Why is it showing up, when Parallels is already licensed and registered?

If I click on the link, it's takes me to my "profile" on the parallels site...

Steve

I had to convert the nag.png to .jpg because there's a limit of 19k on png files (that's unbelievably small). What's funny is that it lets me upload a 120k jpg file, when the original png was only 30k and it would have saved a LOT of space on your servers...

Attached Files:

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

May I ask you to complete registration once again, and open support ticket , if this appears again?

3. sparker

sparker Member

John,

What I did was click on the button which launched a browser, logged in as me to your website, took no other actions at all, and haven't been nagged about it since (the last time was probably about 2 weeks ago.) I do launch the VM machine about once every day, and if I see it happen again, I'll open a ticket for it.

Steve

4. krisplus5

krisplus5 Bit poster

I've also have started getting the same registration nag starting this month. My copy of parallels is already properly registered (has been for months).

I finally went ahead and clicked the "register" button, which brought me to the website. I logged-in. Didn't re-register. Will wait to see if it prompts me again.

5. John@Parallels

Thanks, we will try to answer it as soon as possible

6. krisplus5

krisplus5 Bit poster

Well, it's happening again. I had a guest OS open, checked for updates from the Parallels Help menu. Response was that an update was available. Then the prompt to register appeared.

Went ahead and clicked the register button this time, and have re-registered the product (again). Noticed the Mac OS Leopard message, and have downloaded the updater. Hopefully this will fix the problem, and maybe the annoying video flashing/flicker issue problem too (which just started last week).

7. John@Parallels

8. mkstevo

mkstevo Member

Suffering from this problem now, after 'downgrading' from V4-V3. I have tried to register, and my V3 licence key (which validates the product) fails to validate on the website. Of course I can't request help, as I can't register...

9. John@Parallels

You can always register, even without key, just register on our web site

10. mkstevo

mkstevo Member

But V3 keeps refusing to update as it claims I am not registered, even though I am?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  11. John@Parallels

I mean register to create ticket about this problem to sales team

12. mkstevo

mkstevo Member

Ahhh... Sorry, I misunderstood.
    I have now done that, using my registered account for V4. I shall await a reply.