plantronics usb headset does not work

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by jondi, Jun 18, 2006.

1. jondi

jondi Bit poster

I bought the release version only to use a plantronics usb (dsp 400) headset with Dragon Dictate, (only windows program I need) got the drivers installed, but windows says there is a problem with the device. headset works fine in OS X and bootcamp windows.

2. unused_user_name

unused_user_name Pro

3. dschamis

dschamis Bit poster

jondi,

I am having the exact same problem with a DSP-400 - have you figured anything out?

David

4. cmpi

cmpi Junior Member

The workaround works perfectly with avaya softphone!. I am a happy camper. Hopefully Parallels will get the driver right soon, but for now this is perfect. Thanks for the tip!

5. jondi

jondi Bit poster

Using Apple audio does not really work

I followed the suggestion, but apple audio is still too noisy for dragon dictate to work reliably. Guess we have to wait for a working usb driver.

6. veggiedude

veggiedude Hunter

Same thing with Logitech 350 USB headset. Works fine in boot camp, not recognised at all in PD.

7. dschamis

dschamis Bit poster

Presumably the guys at Parallels know that this is a big issue - does anyone have any idea when this will be fixed?

Once this issue is taken care of I will blow away my Boot Camp partition and use Parallels for the one pathetic XP application that I still need!

8. internaute

internaute Bit poster

I had tried 3 headsets and they did not work and I finally succeeded

Did you made sure that you had it plugged in MacOSX - before opening Parallels and the VM ? Check in MacOS sound preference that iMic is selected for input and output - (mac does not always get it automatically). Adjust the volumes to a confortable level

then open Parallels and Windows. In my case it then worked. You can test it with the Magnetophone or the XP sound control panel

If it doe not solve your problem or if sound quality is a problem, see more details of "unused_user_name" suggestion in another thread. Very useful
    http://forums.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=2865