Build 4.0.3540 New Xp Install Blue Screen of Death

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by fbaldeva, Dec 4, 2008.

1. fbaldeva

fbaldeva Junior Member

I am trying a fresh install of Windows XP on my MacPro/Parallels using the built in CD-ROM. I get past:
    Collecting Information
    Dynamic Update
    Preparing Installation

About halfway through Installing windows, I get the Blue Screen of Death (BSoD). The error basically says that I have a corrupt disk.

2. Anna Pichueva

Anna Pichueva Parallels Team

3. fbaldeva

fbaldeva Junior Member

Anna,

Can I run Parallels 3 and Parallels 4 in parallel? I really needed access to XP so I deleted Parallels 4 and re-installed Parallels 3 to get a working environment.

4. fbaldeva

fbaldeva Junior Member

Anna,

I Removed Parallels 4 in favor of Parallels 3. I needed a working environment. Can Parallels 3 and 4 be run in parallel for testing?

5. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

No, it is not possible, either version 3 or 4

6. fbaldeva

fbaldeva Junior Member

Thanks John. I will export my current XP environment. I will then uninstall Version 3 and import my XP environment. If that works, I will try a fresh install of XP.

Do I need to be ware of anything when I uninstall Version 3? My plan is to Ctrl-Click /Application/Parallels and send it to trash.

7. fbaldeva

fbaldeva Junior Member

I do want to try and resolve this issue. I will export my current XP environment, uninstall v3 and install v4. Besides dragging /Applications/Parallels to the garbage, what else do I need to do?

8. fbaldeva

fbaldeva Junior Member

I got this error while upgrading my Virtual Machine in step 3 of 4. I will try to install from the ISO file I created per Anna's instructions.

"
    Unable to upgrade the virtual machine.

An error occurred when upgrading the virtual machine. Follow this link to learn how to complete the upgrade process.
    "

I followed the instructions to complete the upgrade (change mouse etc.) to no avail.

9. fbaldeva

fbaldeva Junior Member

Installing from the ISO image worked. I did not get the Blue Screen of Death. Now I need to figure out how to fix my Virtual Machine that I imported from Parallels 3.

Thanks.