PD4 VM-Mac network password?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by HonzaI, Dec 6, 2008.

1. HonzaI

HonzaI Member

Hello,

I seem to have annoying problem. When I suspend the VM (WinXP Pro, SP3) and activate again, it looses connections to the Documents, desktop and other mapped folders. I can get access to Mac folders through Parallels network, but if I try to write in any of the shared folders (desktop) I get Windows screen asking to give it password to remount those folders.

I got no idea what password it should be - this user is created automatically by PD4 (?) and no one told me the password. It does not show in mac as user, so I cannot change the password to something I know... Empty does not work. Admin or my own password does not work either. Does anyone know the password so I can remount the shared folders?

If I reboot Windows, I have access to shared folders without any problems. And I loose the access after suspending the VM again.

This was not problem on PD3.

Thanks

Jan

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Did you try Mac account password?

3. HonzaI

HonzaI Member

Of course. First try. But the password is not for my own account, but some interesting account called:
    SomeWeirdNameOfComputer\Guest
    I am not sure what account that is, since my computer never had Guest account switched on. It must be some kind of special network only account I surely have not created myself.

4. John@Parallels

Try to reinstall Parallels Tools, may be Shared Folder drivers is not installed correctly

5. HonzaI

HonzaI Member

Did just now... Reboted VM, all working, suspended, unsuspended, no access to Desktop and other shared folders.

Still asking for "GUEST" account password.

Jan

6. John@Parallels

IS there firewall on Mac OS side or security software?

7. HonzaI

HonzaI Member

Firewall is only the build in OSX 10.5 firewall.
    There us CalmXAv antivirus, no other software. No change from PD3 when all worked.

Jan

8. HonzaI

HonzaI Member

OSX 10.5 firewall is on.
    ClamXAv is running.
    Both were same before update and caused no issues.

9. John@Parallels

2 more steps to check
    1. Permissions repair on Mac OS, when VM is stopped
    2. Virus scan inside Virtual machine

10. HonzaI

HonzaI Member

Did so, no change.

11. John@Parallels

Please try to create the same situation, and when asked password, please in Parallels Desktop - Help menu - click Report a Problem, and post report ID here

12. HonzaI

HonzaI Member

I created yesterday ticket 19908

13. John@Parallels

I submitted case to developers