4.0 for Mac Internet Connection Problem

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by mossman, Dec 16, 2008.

1. mossman

mossman Bit poster

I just upgraded to 4.0 using OS X and Windows XP. Cannot connect to internet on Windows side. Mac side is OK. Have followed all the suggestions -- tried shared, bridged and host connection -- nothing works. Have deleted and restored network adapter. No luck

In Parallels Windows XP window little network icon at bottom right shows that I am connected to a LAN, but cannot make internet connection in explorer or firefox.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Gerald Cox

Gerald Cox Junior Member

I can get my XP (in Parallels) to connect to the internet. I cannot get Parallels on the Mac to do a network connection for updates or registration.

Amazing.... and amazingly poorly documented...

3. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

mossman, the best option in your case is to register at http://www.parallels.com/support/desktop/request/ and create a support ticket.

There could be several reason for such problem: missing Mac OS X updates, conflict of VPN Client in guest and Parallels Internet Security and many other. It is very convinient to investigate and solve problems in the Parallels support system.