No connectivity

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by er_mouloud, Jun 18, 2006.

1. er_mouloud

er_mouloud Bit poster

Hi,

I've tried some of the things I saw through the forum, but couldn't find an answer to my problem.

When I try to connect to the internet through XP on my MacBook Pro it tells me that I have "limited or no connectivity" even though i get an ip if I check with "cmd" "ipconfig".

When I try to switch to share internet, I lose the IP and green icon for the Parallels Host-Guest adaptator.

I changed the settings in parallels to briged ethernet.

Could anyone please help me.

2. er_mouloud

er_mouloud Bit poster

Seeing how the support works I understand why it's a cheap software.....

3. beattyMBP

beattyMBP Member

Did you see my post here?

http://forum.parallels.com/post12478-3.html

Also make sure that your MacBook is set to use Ethernet and or Airport in the correct order for you, as that is the connection that will be "shared"

Read through the FAQ for networking at the top of this forum too.

4. joem

joem Forum Maven

Now there's a nasty and IMNSHO uncalled for shot. The support during the beta was nothing short of amazing, the released product is brand new, there are many thousands of non technical users for a very technical product who need support. Support resources are wasted dealing with people who don't try very hard to help themselves, and with people who have a seriously flawed understanding of the way computers, Macs, and Windows actually work, and generally seem to expect not to have to learn anything new.

None of this may apply to you, but it does chew up support time.

I think this is a great product. I think the Parallels team is doing a great job of both development and support. There are a few features that need tweaking, but I think that will happen soon, and I think taking pot shots at the Parallels team is a suboptimal way to get help.

Just my opinion -- YMMV
    (I've been developing software for a living since computers used individual transistors).