PD4 Snapshot manager not showing descriptions

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by sparker, Dec 17, 2008.

1. sparker

sparker Member

Host: Mac OS X 10.5.5
    PD 4.0.3540

I'd like to request that the Snapshot Manager functionality be fixed to show the "Description" when you highlight a snapshot in snapshot manager. In PD 3, we could click on a snapshot and see it's description right on the Snapshot Dialog box. Now we have to click on a snapshot, then click "Edit..." to see them.

Is there a way to turn this functionality back on? It was MUCH more convenient the other way.

TIA, Steve

2. DaTa

DaTa Hunter

Hello, sparker

Actually this functionality is already added to Parallels Desktop version 4 - I have checked it on several installations - when you point to some snapshot with your mouse it gives you the description.
    Please, see picture attached.

Attached Files:

3. sparker

sparker Member

Thanks. It does indeed pop-up when you roll over the icon and wait. It used to be displayed if you clicked on a snapshot, which is what I was trying to do. I suppose I can learn to just "wait", but it was MUCH faster (about 2 seconds per snapshot) to click rather than roll-over and wait.

Steve