Game has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DKyoungblood, Dec 17, 2008.

1. DKyoungblood

DKyoungblood Bit poster

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the Parallels in Windows XP. Every time I try to install a Windows game in Parallels virtual machine of Windows XP, i either come to two outcomes. I'm unable to install the game do to a random error. Or, I successfully install the game but receive this message upon starting the game : "(name of app) game has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

To give you some background, originally when I installed parallels when I had the 3.0 version I was unable to do the wizard installation and had to install through custom. I upgraded to 4.0 and supposedly it wiped the 3.0 and placed the 4.0 version in its place.

I tried running the application in a different resolution and have come to be unsuccessful.

The game I'm trying to play is Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3.

Error code upon opening of the game is:

RA3_1.6.game has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

More info link in the error window provides:
    AppName: ra3_1.6.game AppVer: 1.6.3230.17659 ModName: ra3_1.6.game
    ModVer: 1.6.3230.17659 Offset: 005cda43

Any Ideas?

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

3. DKyoungblood

DKyoungblood Bit poster

No viruses, and I checked your list of supported games and Command and Conquer 3 is in your list

4. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

The best way to check is to create new VM,
    This will narrow down problem to Vm, or to parallels Tools

5. DKyoungblood

DKyoungblood Bit poster

Thanks for your help, but I have decided that I don't want to spend time trying to get this game to work. I will just buy a different game and cut my losses.

Thank you Parallels Support for at least trying to help me solve my problem. Very rare that a company will take interest in solving individual issues.

Dylan