Bootcamp: STOP 0xc000021a session Manager...

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by soundevolution, Dec 26, 2008.

1. soundevolution

soundevolution Member

I've got a problem with my Boot Camp partition where it will not boot from boot camp. It will boot with Parallels at the moment, but I need to do some work (with hardware) where virtualisation is not an option for me.

Boot camp and Parallels has been the perfect solution, allowing me to choose which ever method is appropriate for my needs at the time.

Now, when I boot from boot camp, I get a message about AUTOCHK, saying that "AUTOCHK" could not be found, skipping Auto Check or something. And then (only with F8 and "Disable Restart on Failure"):

Code:
    STOP: 0xc000021a {Fatal System Error}
    The Session Manager Initialization system process terminates unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000003a (0x00000000 0x00000000).
    The system has been shut down.

Using: Windows XP (2002 SP 3), Parallels 3 (build 5626) on Mac OS X 10.5.5. Bootcamp partition is NTFS format.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. MakcyD

MakcyD Member

3. soundevolution

soundevolution Member

kb 5447 describes the exact symptoms.

kb 5446 shows a long list of things to do, to create this slipstream sp3 disc. Unfortunately, I don't own a copy of Nero, so it looks like I'm stuck here.

Anyone point me to somewhere where I can just download an ISO of this slipstream disc? That'll be easy to burn, take a lot less time and hassle.

I've already spent *way* too many hours on trying to sort this out.

I think I'll cut my losses and reinstall windows from scratch. Stupid bloody windows.

Parallels is a great product, but I seriously look forward to the day I don't need it! :)

4. soundevolution

soundevolution Member

Reinstalling windows did the trick. And took less time than I had previously spent trying to fix this problem.

After reinstalling, I did get a "HAL.DLL" file missing problem, but after creating separate hardware profiles for Bootcamp and Parallels as I saw recommended somewhere, everything has been running smoothly....

(until next time Windows freaks out, and then I know I'll simply reinstall again).