Mouse wheel

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by medialution, Dec 12, 2008.

1. medialution

medialution Bit poster

Hi,
    since updating to 4.0 my Mouse wheel does only scrolls one time in my virtual MS XP. Then I have to click anywhere into the document before I can start scrolling again. Everything works fine in the MacOS. Any idea?

2. voobrajulia

voobrajulia Member

medialution,

what model of mouse do you have?

3. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

4. derbbre

derbbre Junior Member

I see from your KB article that Parallels only emulates a 2-button wheel mouse, but why? I have a 5-button wheel mouse (MS Trackball Explorer) and only get to use the first two (well, three including the wheel) buttons. Why can't Parallels send the actual mouse to the VM? Just connect it as a USB device when the VM is active, and disconnect when it isn't...

5. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Unplug the USB mouse.. launch the VM... Wait for it to boot... plug it in... answer that you want to connect the device to the VM and tick the box that says to remember it
    The mouse will cease to be available to OSX but will be fully available to Windows with all the buttons.

6. derbbre

derbbre Junior Member

Thanks for this info. I have done this in the past. I would love an in-between feature, however. That is, let this device be available to BOTH Mac and the VM, as if I was unplugging and plugging back in when I switch from VM to Host. Mac OS X and Windows XP both handle USB mice plug-ins very quickly.

Anyway - thanks again, looking for a better solution.

7. djung

djung Bit poster

hi, i have the same problem with my Logitech MX Revo mouse. To remove the LCC from Mac (http://kb.parallels.com/en/5853) does not really help me, because i need all the functions of my mouse under the Mac OS. In the version 3 of parallels the mouse wheel function worked fine, why it should not work in the new version? Are there any other solutions or will this bug be fixed soon?

8. John@Parallels

Workaround for now if you do not want to remove Logitech drivers, is to use separate USB mouse and pass it to VM, it is temporary while we are working on fix

9. byeagle

byeagle Junior Member

MX 1000 isn´t working with this workaround. Please fix the problem asap.

Scrolling is not really available in PD4 for me now!

10. John@Parallels

Please refer to website for MX 1000
    Is it Logitech?

11. byeagle

byeagle Junior Member

Yes it´s a Logitech Laser Mouse

12. John@Parallels