Global Fullscreen Hotkey

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by ZakZak, Jun 3, 2006.

1. ZakZak

ZakZak Bit poster

It would be really cool if I could minimize my WinXP Parallels VM to the OSX dock and have a hotkey to switch between fullscreen WinXP and fullscreen MacOS. I run WinXP in the same resolution as my Mac desktop- so when the WinXP window isn't fullscreen, it's pretty useless (I can't see the taskbar or start button because they won't fit on screen). Currently, I have to hit F9, click on the Parallels window (or restore it from the dock), then hit the fullscreen hotkey. It would be ideal if all I had to do was hit a single keystroke. :)

-Zak

2. christopher126

christopher126 Junior Member

Excellent idea! I like the cube rotation effect. Except, it is a bit clumsy when it rotates then goes black and then comes up in full screen.....I like this idea better! Don' t get me wrong this is great software.....but I need to be able to print with usb printer.....it its the only thing that is stopping me from implementing it in my office.

3. johnboy

johnboy Bit poster

Agree. Was checking if others sugested this before posting.

I am looking at deploying Parallels to Mac users and know they will forget the hotkey to change back from full screen. Having a icon (Preferwbly one built into the Parallels tools icon) wouold be great. That way they could shoose to switch back to Mac OS and either minimize or window Parallels.

4. jkspepper

jkspepper Bit poster

Guys... you can do this already with a third party program called Virtue Desktop for OS X.

I have a global hot key which I can press to switch virtual desktops. One desktop is my full screen OS X and the other desktop is full screen WinXP

I have a video of it in action here