New Coherence Problem: Disappearing Taskbar

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by radesix, Jan 5, 2009.

1. radesix

radesix Member

I had upgraded to 4.0 a few weeks ago without issue. This past weekend I upgraded to a 500 gig HD in the Macbook Pro. I had copied my Vista VM from the old drive to the new. Now when the VM starts up in coherence I have no windows task bar.

I am positive that the task bar is not "hidden" and I am certain I have changed no settings in the VM.

Any ideas?

2. radesix

radesix Member

It would be nice if someone from Parallels could respond to this issue. The disappearing taskbar effectively kills my ability to use coherence (which is critical to my use). I have uninstalled and reinstalled Parallels tools several times now to no avail.

3. radesix

radesix Member

Upgrading to the new 3810 build seems to have solved the problem.

4. radesix

radesix Member

I take it back. After a couple of reboots of the VM my taskbar is again disappearing when using coherence.

5. radesix

radesix Member

After continuing to investigate this issue it appears that for some reason Parallels is randomly toggling "Show Windows Taskbar" / "Hide Windows Taskbar" in the Applications menu without my knowledge.

6. VTSkier

VTSkier Junior Member

I am running 3810 and still have this problem. Ckick View|Window and then go back to Coherence. The task bar returns.

7. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

8. JokerKingg

JokerKingg Bit poster

Any update to this issue? I am affected by it as well and it is extremely aggrovating.

9. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

See my last post