Mapping Cmd+Space to Alt+Shift

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by alonweinstein, Jan 6, 2009.

1. alonweinstein

alonweinstein Junior Member

Hi.

I'm using OS X and Windows with both English and Hebrew. In OS X language-switch is by default done using Cmd+Space (which I got used to). In Windows, however, it's Alt+Shift (which I also got used to). I want to use Cmd+Space for both, but when I try to map Cmd+Space it actually maps Cmd+Any, which isn't really what I'm looking for.

Any way to do this?

What I'd also love to see (a feature suggestion) is the ability to tell Parallels to sync language changes somehow between the host and guest OS.... something like mapping the languages in OS X to the languages in Windows and trigger a language change in the guest when the host language changes.

Thanks,
    Alon

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

3. alonweinstein

alonweinstein Junior Member

Still not there...

Hi John,

I installed the latest release. Now I can indeed map Cmd+Space to Alt+Shift in the prefs window, but it doesn't really work. It might be because I mapped "Cmd" to "Ctrl" to avoid getting the Start menu opened everytime I click on Cmd (despite the fact there's no mapping between Cmd and WinKey, so that's a bit odd...) I tried removing the Cmd=Ctrl mapping and it still didn't work (and it did open the start menu everytime I clicked Cmd+Space :))

Alon

4. wolfenberg

wolfenberg Bit poster

I'm having the same problem since the first release of PD. Please, fix this problem!

5. John@Parallels

Please navigate to Parallels Desktop - Preferences -Keyboard and click Restore defaults

6. wolfenberg

wolfenberg Bit poster

I restored defaults of Keyboard preferences - cmd = winkey mapping appeared. I unchecked it - cmd still works as winkey, I deleted this mapping - same result. Any more ideas? Is cmd+space = alt+shift mapping doesn't work only on my virt.machine?

7. John@Parallels

Feature request submitted already