Windows updates (etc) from backup, not the 'net?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by fast_ian, Jan 6, 2009.

1. fast_ian

fast_ian Member

Hi,

I'm about to do a clean V4 install onto a pretty fresh 10.5.6 system. My XP SP2 disk is however pretty "dated".

When I register the S/W and "MSN updater" (or whatever it's called?) starts up it's going to want to download a *ton* of "stuff" - Anyone know of a way to make it look at whatever directory all that stuff is already downloaded to? [I'm pretty sure I can "find" the right area(s) - "$HF$*" contains lots of "KBxxxxx" for example] But, how to tell the updater to look for (and then run?) any updates from a local (Timemachine) backup drive?

TIA, cheers,
    Ian

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

You can download Service Pack 3 and install , or manually install those updates, for single computer there is no way to force to look in some folder

3. fast_ian

fast_ian Member

Thanks

I'd already gone ahead via the download route - It wasn't nearly as bad as I suspected it may be.

And this sucker is *fast* btw :) [Original MBP Core duo, 2GB. *WAY* better in my limited experience than v3 - I'm a happy camper.....]

Cheers,
    Ian