Using other partition

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by jonzg, Jan 8, 2009.

1. jonzg

jonzg Junior Member

Hello, in my office I replaced my old PC with a Imac. In the PC I had 2 partitions, one for windows and one for data. I use a lot of macros that read the data in drive D (the second partition). Also I had 2 partitions because I had two user accounts and both users used the data in drive D.
    I am trying to do the same in the Imac using Parallels but the macros can't read the files on the second partition. If I go to the shared folder in XP or Vista I can access manualy the files but not from the macros. First I had all the data in a folder in the shared folder in users(/users/shared). Then I made a second partition in my internal HD and tried to use the macros but it did not work. Is there any way to tell Parallels to see the second partition as a hard disk and not as a shared folder??

Thanks

Jonathan

2. jonzg

jonzg Junior Member

Any help???

3. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Just add new Virtual Disk to VM, and change letter for it to D, changing CD drive letter first, put your data on it

4. jonzg

jonzg Junior Member

Please remember that I want to share the data on drive D. If I do what you tell me, the other user won't be able to use the data. And I won't be able to use it on bootcamp also. Any other way to do this??

5. John@Parallels

Why not?
    If you mean Windows user he will always see
    If you mean another Mac OS account, put VM into /Users/Shard/Parallels

6. jonzg

jonzg Junior Member

If I put the VM in the shared folder, both macOS user can access the VM. Ok. What would happen if a one of the users leaves the VM suspended and the other user opens the VM??
    Thanks for your help

7. John@Parallels

If permissions are correct, they will be able access it , if not you will receive checksum error